Five things I encountered today that were interesting, educational, beautiful, edifying or that I otherwise found to be…well, good. None of these are promotions and I do not receive any benefit from sharing them. I just like them.
How was everyone’s Halloween weekend? Mine included an epic haunted farm party and too much huckleberry vodka. Thank Dog for that extra hour of sleep, even if it does mean it’s now dark at 5:30 in the afternoon. Hope you all had as a spectacular time as I did!
1) Elephants sure know how to party. These four at the Oregon Zoo’s annual Squishing of the Squash got to tear into some pumpkins almost as big as they were!
2) It’s NaNoWriMo! That’s National Novel Writing Month, for the acronym disinclined. Are you one of the thousands attempting to pound out the first draft of your novel in the next 30 days? I’m not, because I have too much going on at work this month, but I intend hold my own personal NaNoWriMo (TraNoWriMo – Trace’s Novel Writing Month?) in January. To those of you who are taking part – good luck!
3) Black Books is back on Netflix! This British sitcom from 2000 about a misanthropic, alcoholic, Irish book shop owner is one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen. And now you can binge watch all 18 episodes with ease, all while feeling better about your own life.
4) The aforementioned huckleberry vodka. It’s delicious. Combine with fizzy water and sip. Do not combine with Pepsi and then just keep pouring it in the can when the Pepsi is all gone…
5) In related news, I also now have a huckleberry hangover. Which means I’m going straight for the potatoes (after I drink a gallon of water). These cheesy mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives really hit the spot.