Five things I encountered today that were interesting, educational, beautiful, edifying or that I otherwise found to be…well, g, ood. None of these are promotions and I do not receive any benefit from sharing them. I just like them.
1) This really talented cosplayer has made a beautiful Disney Cinderella costume that can transform from rags to ballgown with just a magical spin. Guess she doesn’t need a fairy godmother!
2) It’s a good thing cartoon characters don’t exist in real life. That would be super creepy. Need proof? Here some are mock ups of what classic cartoon characters’ skeletons would look like if they existed in the real world. *shudder*
3) The New York Times Magazine has a gorgeous spread on the crazy, barely edible, technicolor food creations of the 50’s. Party Loaf? Green Bean Bunwiches? Lime Ribbon Delight? Truly disgusting creations, but no denying there’s a fascination with them. Cuisine is always a product of the times, and never more so than in the Atomic Age.
4) So the husband and I made a truly delicious dinner the other night and I just had to share. Steak au poivre (for once I followed a recipe exactly), garlicky greens, and crispy thyme potato stacks. Definitely make all of these and then take a really long nap.
5) I’m fascinated by the Supreme Court. The President gets more press, but those nine people really do more to shape the future of our country than anyone else. And of the current members of the Supreme Court, Justice Ginsberg is one of the most fascinating and powerful individuals in the U.S. That’s why the Notorious R.B.G. blog grew so popular. It’s a great, fun, silly, and educational look at a woman who is, without doubt, a boss.