Five things I encountered today that were interesting, educational, beautiful, edifying or that I otherwise found to be…well, good. None of these are promotions and I do not receive any benefit from sharing them. I just like them.
1) Happy Back to the Future Day! Today is the day Marty McFly visited in Back to the Future II. After today, pretty much anything could happen – we’re in uncharted territory. The Guardian is running a live blog of all things Back to the Future, and if you want to honor the day properly, check out one of the many Back to the Future Trilogy marathons at theaters around the country. I only wish I’d had time to get a costume together!
2) Fall is scarf season! If you’re a knitter, check out this gorgeous TARDIS scarf pattern, “Bigger On The Inside” from the Knitty. I love it because it’s very subtle and you get away with wearing it more formal/dressy situations. I haven’t got the nerve to try it yet but it’s on my list!
3) If you’re like me, you may be good for scarves but at a loss for how to wear them beyond “wrap around neck”. This helpful instructional videos shows a bunch of ways to wear scarves for those of us who never got the cool girl (or guy) memo.
4) Having a Halloween party and want up the creepy level on your snacks? Here’s a list of fifty Halloween themed recipes that will make your party memorable. Some of these are truly inspired! I think the rotten wasabi deviled eggs are my favorite though!
5) It’s new comic book day! I really need to update my pull list after abandoning much of it in disgust over Secret Wars messing up my timelines. But there’s tons non-big two offerings. My picks this week are Giant Days #7, Lumberjanes #19, and Bob’s Burgers #3. I’ve also been hearing good buzz about Cognetic from Boom Studios, premiering this week, so I might check that out as well.