Five things I encountered today that were interesting, educational, beautiful, edifying or that I otherwise found to be…well, good. None of these are promotions and I do not receive any benefit from sharing them. I just like them.
1) Gilmore Girls is coming back for a four-episode run on Netflix! I wouldn’t unequivocally put this in the “good” category, as revivals of beloved shows are dicey, but Amy Sherman Palladino is return to helm so we are good hands. We can all just pretend season seven never happened. Although if there’s no Luke and Lorelai wedding I will be most displeased.
2) Ah, the great debate: Is Nightmare Before Christmas a Halloween Movie or a Christmas movie? At last director Harry Sellick gives us our definitive answer. Although I prefer to skip the controversy and just watch it in October and December.
3) These mini patterned rolling pins on Etsy are adorable and will definitely make your cookies and pies more impressive. Yes, they are probably a nightmare to clean but I don’t care. They are too precious and also probably look very pretty hanging in the kitchen.
4) I love this collection of Disney princesses and other characters reimagined in the style of fine art paintings of different styles an eras. I want all of them. Mulan is the most captivating of the collection, I think, but the Lilo and Stitch one might be my favorite. What a great way to show your love of Disney in your house without getting too kidsy with the decor.
5) And of course, we have a new Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens trailer! I’ll admit I was hoping for a good look at Captain Phasma, but it still gave me chills. Plus tickets are on sale!